Key considerations and constraints:
- Intercompany transactions can be created in the same Ledger using JE’s.
- Intercompany transactions that will cross Ledgers must go through AGIS.
- Invoicing in AGIS can create Invoices in AR and AP that will show in aging reports.
- AGIS works fine across Business Groups (Ledgers in general are not obstructed by BG’s.)
- AGIS does NOT require a segment with the Intercompany qualifier attached.
- Uses AME for approvals.
- Facilitates Arms Length transactions including physical Invoices.
- Facilitates VAT invoices when supplying goods/services to related entities. (VAT on inter-co is a whole other can of worms as to what is to be considered. Companies will have sought professional advise in this area.)
Define the following:
- FND Users and Employees for those who will receive and approve the entries.
- Works off of BSV that are assigned to Legal Entities.
- Orgs, Transaction Types, Intercompany Accounts,
- Security i.e. Users/Employees as actors in the AGIS domain.
- Configure AR and AP.
- Invoicing Options and Customer & Supplier relationships.
- System Options.
- Open Period(s).
Automated AGIS Setups
Load fresh install X
Load Resps X
Load Users X
Create BG’s X
Load profiles X
Load AFF (AGIS) X
Ready to build
a. Users AGIS-US, AGIS-HQ, AGIS-UK
b. KFF AGISDEMO
c. Resp (AGIS,GL,INV,Payables, Receivables) for US, US HQ and UK
Add Legal Entities
Add Currencies (GBP)
Add Ledgers (LE’s,BSVs,OU)
Apply Patch 14506616 – Fix Java error on save
Add Inv Orgs for AP
Config AP (Options)
Config AR (Options, AA, Fix Source remove sales credit, Remit to)
Config AGIS (Accts,Orgs,Securty, TT,Options,Cust/Supp relations)
p11895700_R12.FUN.B_R12_GENERIC (Fixes no access to System Options)
p14323227_R12.FUN.B_R12_GENERIC (Fixes issue with access to Intra-company)
AGIS (Advanced Global Inter-Company System)
The issue at hand is to cover inter company transactions between the US Subsidy and the UK Subsidy.
Settle positions via Invoice.
US Parent same BG as US sub and has OU, INV ORG, GL, AP, AR – USD
UK firm in its own BG and has OU, INV ORG, GL, AP, AR – GBP
US firm in its own BG and has OU, INV ORG, GL, AP, AR – USD
Create the following Resps BG/LDGR OU
GL USA OPER SU US A
GL UK OPER SU UK B
GL USA HQ SU US C
AP USA OPER SU US A
AP UK OPER SU UK B
AP USA HQ SU US C
AR USA OPER SU US A
AR UK OPER SU UK B
AR USA HQ SU US C
AGIS USA OPER SU US A
AGIS UK OPER SU UK B
AGIS USA HQ SU US C